Retinitis pigmentosa is a genetic, degenerative eye condition where the photoreceptor cells of the Retina get affected and thereby affect the individual’s vision. Severe Retinitis Pigmentosa could lead to colour blindness and complete loss of central and peripheral vision if left untreated. While this eye disorder does not yet have any ultimate treatment or cure, controlling your diet could be an excellent method of managing the advancement and deterioration of the disease. Experts at Sanjeevan provide the best treatment to control the damage, treat it properly, and advise diet and nutrition. A comprehensive retinitis pigmentosa diet plan should include vitamins A, C, and E and other nutrients like Omega 3 fatty acids, Zeaxithin and Zinc.
10 Simple Food Items That Are Integral To Retinitis Pegmentosa Diet Plans.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Green vegetables are highly recommended by doctors as part of any diet plan. They are a great source of fibres that produces roughage and maintains your gut health in top shape. Spinach, Broccoli, and Kale contain vitamins and minerals supplementation vital for managing retinitis pigmentosa. Lutein and Zeaxanthin are abundant in green leafy vegetables and should be included in your retinitis pigmentosa diet chart.
- Colored and Citrus Fruits: Colored fruits like oranges, tangerines, grapes, and squash are not rich in vitamin C but also have a quantity of Zeaxanthin and Lutein. When consumed, fruits like Kiwi and honeydew melon could improve your retinal health and ensure better vision. You could take them either in the form of juice or earth, which also helps produce roughage and has other benefits for your body.
- Green Peas: A very easily available and tasty yet healthy food choice for all sorts of eye disorders, including Retinitis Pigementosa and cataracts green peas. You could add them to almost any dish you make, and they usually make the item even more delicious. That aside, green peas are rich in lutein, protecting your retinas from harmful blue rays and ensuring good health.
- Milk And Dairy Products: Among the necessary vitamins for Retinitis Pigmentosa, Vitamin A takes precedence, and milk and dairy products like yoghurt and cheese are rich in Vitamin A Palmitate. Vitamin palmitate can be easily absorbed by the body and has proven invaluable for managing and controlling RP. Compared to the other forms of vitamin A nutritional supplements for RP, palmitate is more effective and works faster.
- Egg Yolk: While certain health conditions prohibit the consumption of eggs for treatments, the egg yolk is a vital part of the retinitis pigmentosa diet plan. It contains several nutrients like Vitamin A, Lutein, Zeaxanthin, And Zinc that are invaluable for good eye health. They not only help in cases of RP but also for other age and genetic eye disorders.
- Fish Oil And Cod Liver Oil: If you are wondering about vitamin A sources, fish and cod liver oil have a quantity of the required vitamins and minerals supplementations for patients with RP. The vitamin A palmitate present in the oils is extremely important for arresting the progress of Retinitis Pigmentosa.
- Seafood And Fresh Fish: Seafood and fish are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids– which are immensely important for genetic and chronic eye disorders. Besides, these food choices are also tasty and healthy at the same time. Including a variety of seafood like trout, oysters, crabs, and salmons in your daily diet would be a smart choice for managing RP.
- Nuts: Vitamins and minerals for retinitis pigmentosa include vitamins B and E and Magnesium, and Zinc respectively. Nuts are a great source of all these essential nutrients and can be digested easily which also gives you a boost of energy.
- Brussel Sprouts: Brussel sports contain Vitamin C as well as Zeaxanthin and Lutein— important vitamins and mineral supplementation for retinitis pigmentosa.
- Sunflower Seed: Sunflower seed oil when used for preparing meals infuses your diet with Vitamin E and is great for treating RP.
These nutrition-rich foods help people with retinitis pigmentosa issues. Seek advice from experts at Sanjeevan to manage and treat the problem promptly.